I’m back with a bit of a different, more personal post again. I was excited to see Suzanne from Happily Decluttered nominate me for this award. In part because I hadn’t had much luck thinking up a blog post this week, so this was convenient! In all seriousness though, Happily Decluttered is one of my favourite blogs to read and interact with, and Suzanne’s warm and friendly nature played a big role in my introduction to the blogging community. I highly recommend checking her blog out!
About the award
The Dazzling Blogger Award, created by Helen from Crispy Confessions, aims to recognise bloggers who “excel in at least one major area of blogging: writing skills, engagement, social media marketing, and content.”
The Official Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you for The Dazzling Blogger Award.
- Link back to the original blog post.
- Answer the seven questions that they asked in their blog post.
- Make up seven new questions.
- Nominate seven more people for The Dazzling Blogger Award, who you think exemplifies excellent blogging skills.
My Answers To Suzanne’s 7 Questions
1. What is your favourite hobby and how did you get started?
My favourite hobby is probably walking, particularly bushwalking in beautiful places. I grew up very close to the Blue Mountains, NSW, where I was spoilt for choice with spectacular nature walks, so I would say this is how I started.
When I first moved to Canberra, I completed the Centennial Trail, a 145-km trail divided into seven sections of around 20km. I walked one section each weekend, and I found it was a wonderful way to discover the natural beauty of my new home.
2. What is your favourite meal to cook?
This is tricky, I think it changes a lot. I don’t have a “signature dish” so to speak. I really like cooking soups, curries, and pasta dishes… I also quite like baking desserts and sweet treats. I’m not the best cook, so I don’t usually cook anything fancy or elaborate, but I do enjoy it!
3. Do you live by any piece of advice or motto?
I try to live by the motto/mantra of “work to live, don’t live to work” which is reflected a lot in my blog posts surrounding self-care and challenging productivity culture.
4. What was the highlight of your week?
I was in Brisbane for work at the start of this week. It’s been extremely cold in Canberra this winter, so it was so nice to go somewhere warm and sunny! I definitely struggle to remain positive in winter, so it was a great boost of sunshine.
5. What is your favourite board game?
I’m not sure if it counts as a board game, but I find Codenames really fun? I also really like the game Everdell, mainly due to how beautiful the art is.
6. Have you read any good books lately that you would recommend?
Honestly, no – I need a new recommendation, please? Something I read a while back that was surprisingly great was Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. It wasn’t what I was expecting and was very moving.
7. If you could pick one chore that you could snap your fingers and it would magically be done, which chore would you pick?
Cleaning the bathroom. Including the toilet, basins and shower. If that’s asking too much, just the shower would be fantastic.
- Describe the last photo you took
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- What moment in your life are you most proud of?
- What is your biggest fear?
- If money was no object, what would you be doing right now?
- What “holidays” dish do you look forward to most?
- Are you usually early, late or right on time?
My Nominations (no pressure, though!)
Please check out all these amazing bloggers as well as Happily Decluttered. Thanks again for the nomination and for including me in this fun award!